FIBERGLASS TAPE 550
The special fibreglass for high temperature application is produced from a mixture of quartz sand and pure alumina with the addition of alkali oxides. Appropriately selected chemical composition and surface preparation protect them of hot gases and aggressive chemicals influence and enable long work in high temperatures, there is ST basic yarn type. For the same insulating applications could be use E-glass fibre too with diameter on level 4 - 11 μm. After relaxation and preparation the E-glass gives SE yarn type, which can be use for more smooth and flexible final products with higher resistance to wear under dynamic conditions. At the next stage the fibreglass roving is formed by texturing and twisting process to bushy insulation yarns with various sizes, from 400 up to 5000 TEX. The textured yarns are the base of all kinds of textile insulations as woven, knitted, braided materials, such as tapes, cloths, cords, ropes, sleeves.
Properties and advantages
Among the most important properties of fibreglass ST glass goods are following:
- Stability in wide range of temperatures, incombustible, no emission harmful gases.
- The low thermal conductance and the low coefficient of heat accumulation.
- The extreme high mechanical strength, and resistance of abrasive media.
- The high resistance of most chemicals, hot gases and of biological decay process.
- As the product of molten sand is environment friendly and can be recycled.
The insulations made of fibreglass are known for several dozen years and they are still intensively modernised. This material gives high strength, easy applicability, low cost good electrical and thermal insulation properties.
Sizes and kind of packaging
The tapes are packaged in roll with standard length 20, 30, 50 meters in carton box around 20 kilos. Supply is done on EPAL pallet with quantity 36 cartons.
|Sizes TxW / L||Mass of a roll [g]||Weight [g/m]|
|1 x 30 mm / 50 m||1150||23|
|2 x 30 mm / 50 m||2250||45|
|2 x 40 mm / 30 m||1800||60|
|3 x 25 mm / 30 m||1500||50|
|3 x 30 mm / 30 m||1800||60|
|3 x 40 mm / 30 m||2400||80|
|3 x 50 mm / 30 m||3000||100|
|3 x 60 mm / 30 m||3600||120|
|3 x 80 mm / 30 m||4800||160|
|3 x 100 mm / 30 m||6000||200|
|5 x 40 mm / 30 m||3900||130|
|5 x 50 mm / 30 m||4800||160|
|5 x 60 mm / 30 m||5800||195|
|5 x 70 mm / 30 m||6900||230|
|5 x 75 mm / 30 m||7300||245|
The ST glass tapes types
There are few types of glass tapes, depend of weaving style and kind of application.
- Glass tape ST 550 W – The webbing type with plain weave and high tensile strength, made of pure texturized glass yarn. This is basic glass tape for general heat insulation and for reinforcing and coating other soft insulations. The tape is available with additional feature as coating reflective alufoil, red silicon elastomer also with metal wire reinforcement.
- Glass tape ST 550 L – The ladder tape woven with wrap yarns missing in the centre, the gap is around 20-30% of the tape wide. This tape is designed for sealing gases on flange with bolts and it gives easier installation and does securing fasteners in bolt line.
- Glass tape ST 550 A - The webbing type with plain weave and high tensile strength in additional with self-adhesive surface.
Areas of application
The first of all, the ST and SE glass tapes are use as insulating and sealing material, especially as a substitute and equivalent of previously used asbestos textile. Energy production, metallurgy and other kind of industry are the domain of application this material. They use it in isolations of blocks, industrial furnaces, heavy machinery as gas seals, shields, varies kind of pads also as carrier material for roller conveyors.